To become a member by phone please call
707 937-5818, x 10 • toll-free 800 653-3328, x 10
The Mendocino Art Center Needs You!
Support the Arts and give yourself the gift of art...
• unique gallery shows
• low-cost open studio sessions
• art fairs and musical concerts
• world-class art workshops taught by renowned instructors
• exhibition opportunities
• Mendocino Arts magazine
Your membership brings vital cultural programs
to the community and economic opportunities
A base of support made up memberships and donations provides an important revenue stream for a not-for-profit organization.
Your membership or donation will help us continue to make MAC a beloved institution and an important destination on the Northern Mendocino Coast. Remember MAC generates almost $2 million to our local community by supporting over 300 local artists through commission sales, salaries for 14 full and part-time staff, six independent contractors, and teaching stipends to more than 200 artists. Actually, the Art Center spends most of its annual budget in the local community.
Over the last year MAC board, staff, volunteers, donors, and members succeeded in reaching a number of milestones:
• For the first time the Art Center mounted a full audit of fiscal year 2011 and will continue annual audits.
• The Zacha Legacy Society was formed to raise construction funds for the long-awaited Stussy Studio building, which will house a state-of-the-art green studio, new upgraded apartments, and a catering kitchen.
• The Fine Arts, Jewelry, Fiber Arts, Sculpture, and Ceramics Departments each recruited new, local coordinators, with experience both in their own disciplines and in arts education.
• Exciting studio additions include: the jewelry studio has more than doubled in size, ceramics has two new kilns, and print-making is being offered as a “drop-in” studio on Wednesday evenings.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about MAC’s progress. We appreciate all the enthusiasm and positive reinforcement we’ve received from the community this year, and look forward to an exciting 2013.
Thank you for being there for the Art Center. With your support, we will continue to thrive.
The Mendocino Art Center
is a 501(c)3 educational organization.
Mendocino Art Center Membership Benefits…
BENEFITS AT ALL LEVELS:
• 15% discount for Mendocino County members.
• Artist exhibition opportunities in the gallery.
• Artist opportunities in the gallery shop.
• Invitations to participate in Members’ Juried Exhibits.
• Discounts at 13 participating local businesses.
• Mendocino Arts magazine and event information.
• Waiver of $25 workshop registration fee.
• Discounted CALSTAR ($30/year, regular rate $45) and REACH ($35/year, regular rate $50) memberships.
• Special rate for Suburban Propane (up to 20% off residential propane per gallon prices. Lake and Mendocino counties members only).
HOUSEHOLD (maximum two members): $100
STUDENT (12+ with student ID): $30
SENIORS (70+): $30
ZACHA LEGACY SOCIETY:
BUSINESS PARTNER: $150
BUSINESS WEB SITE SPONSOR: $500
CALSTAR and REACH (download application) are the two air medical services serving North and Central California. Both air ambulance services are offering a group rate to current MAC members. CALSTAR offers a rate of $30/year (regular rate $45) and REACH, $35/year (regular rate $50). Both programs cover family members in your household. Between them, CALSTAR’s and REACH’s coverage area, when combined with reciprocal agreements with other air ambulance programs, extends from Washington to Texas. Helicopters are dispatched to medical emergencies by 911 or a physician’s request based on location and availability. A membership in one service will not cover the costs incurred if you are transported by another company’s air ambulance. Membership in both is recommended for our area.
Contact individual services for information about the air ambulance coverage